The University of Potsdam is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for persons with disabilities. We are continuously improving the user-friendliness of all applications and strive to make our services accessible in accordance with the Brandenburg Barrier-Free Information Technology Ordinance – BbgBITV.
This accessibility statement applies to the website of the web shop of Universitätsverlag Potsdam, operated by the Potsdam University Library (shop.verlag.uni-potsdam.de).
Efforts to Promote Accessibility
The University of Potsdam takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Digital accessibility is part of our mission statement.
- Accessibility is part of our internal guidelines.
- Within the university, clear goals and responsibilities have been defined.
Partial conformance: This application partially meets the EN 301 549 requirements.
Methodology of the Evaluation: Self-assessment
Created on: 1 February 2021
Last Evaluation: 1 February 2021
Known Problems in Relation to Accessibility
Despite our best efforts, some problems may occur during use.
This is a description of the content that is known to be non-accessible. Please contact us if you encounter a problem that is not listed.
- There may be errors in the structure and content hierarchy or links may be incomprehensible.
- The font size is partly not adjustable and partly font graphics are used.
- Online forms are not accessible in most cases.
- Moving contents (so-called sliders) cannot be switched off.
- Web services that require registration are not always accessible.
- The contrast and/or colour ratio is partly insufficient.
As a university we have a very large and versatile website and run complex central web applications with many people involved. The website of the web shop of Universitätsverlag Potsdam, operated by the Potsdam University Library, was published before 23 September 2018 and does not reflect the current state of accessibility requirements.
We are working on making the web content and documents available in an accessible format.
Support for Students and Employees
- The Counseling Service of the University of Potsdam offers support for students with health impairments.
- The Commissioner for Employees with a Severe Disability at the University of Potsdam offers support for employees.
Please let us know if there are existing deficits relating to compliance with accessibility requirements. Information that is not accessible without barriers can be requested in an accessible format.
University of Potsdam
Am Neuen Palais 10
If an accessibility request to the University of Potsdam remains unanswered in whole or in part within three weeks, or if you are not satisfied with the answer, the competent inspection agency will, upon your request, examine whether measures are to be taken within the scope of the inspection with respect to the public authority.
Ministry for Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection of the State of Brandenburg
Commissioner of the State Government for Matters Relating to Persons with Disabilities – Enforcement Office –
Henning-von-Tresckow-Straße 2-13, Haus S, 14467 Potsdam
Formal Approval of this Accessibility Statement
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Dr. Peter Kostädt
Potsdam, 1 March 2021